Henleys Medical Supplies is a distributor and manufacturer of medical and surgical equipment, devices and sundries. Founded in 1948, we have seen many changes take place throughout our history. One such important change is the recent increase in awareness of global responsibility and the desire to protect and preserve the environment for future generations. This has driven our company to identify and understand the positive measures that we can take to reduce the environmental impacts caused by our activities.
We have therefore committed to continually improving our environmental performance by implementing an environmental management system (EMS) that enables us to operate in an efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
The key commitments of the EMS are as follows:
1. Complying with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and ISO 14001: 2004 (the International standard for environmental management systems).
2. Reducing our consumption of resources (materials, energy and fuel).
3. Reducing the amount of waste generated by our activities.
4. Preventing pollution and committing to recovery and recycling where feasible.
5. Setting, monitoring and reviewing environmental performance targets.
6. Educating and training our employees about the importance of environmental performance.
7. Encouraging the use of environmental management systems by our suppliers and contractors.
8. Making this policy available to all interested parties.
View our ISO 14001 certificate.